Professional Pathways Internship Program
Earn Up To $3000!
We have an exciting new opportunity to share with you: a chance to work directly with us—and get paid up to $3000—working on projects with our industry partners. Although the details will vary based on the particular project, in most cases you will be paired up with teammates to solve a real problem posed by great companies who work in fields such as robotics, transportation, retail, and education. The full list of companies will be released in December, but they will all be valuable to include on your college or job application.
You do not need prior experience for this program, however priority will be given to students who have worked with us as part of AIPI (more opportunity below!) There are a few basics to know about the program:
- To be paid, you must be eligible to work in the US. (You may still participate without payment if you are motivated by the experience and networking opportunities!)
- Internships with companies will (mostly) begin in January.
- You will be committing to 6-15 hours/week during the internship project
- To participate, you must sign up for the pre-internship program which is linked below. This will consist of 4 sessions starting in November, which will prepare you to thrive in your role working with your host company.
- REGISTER by October 14th!!
Artificial Intelligence Pathways Institute
Advanced Course 1
The Artificial Intelligence Pathways Institute Advanced Course is a school year long program to teach python programming, building machine learning models, and the application of data. In part 1 of this advanced course, happening from October through December, we will focus on learning to code in Python using CMU’s CS Academy course. We will meet you where you are—If you have already developed these skills, then we will give you more advanced challenges!
We work in development cycles where students are working on problems that push their programming skills to a deeper level of understanding. Part 2 of this course (machine learning and data) will launch in January. Students who have taken part 1 will be given priority registration into part 2. All students will be paid for their participation in the AIPI advanced course. Please register below by October 7th.
Class begins on October 19th and occurs every Wednesday evening from 6-8 PM at our Shadyside Clubhouse. We are also providing a virtual option on a limited basis, targeting students outside the Pittsburgh region. Students are advised to register for the in-person option if it can work for you.